Sunday, October 3, and Monday, October 4, at 7:00 p.m.
November 27, December 4, 11 | 2:00 PM & 7:00 PM
December 2, 3, 9, 10 | 7:00 PM
November 28, December 5, 12 | 2:30 PM
Synopsis & Characters:
The story is familiar to nearly every American. The four March daughters—Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy—continue to live in the hearts of readers, causing smiles and tears, triumph and tragedy as they grow up, fall in love and face life. This classic American tale will touch the heart of every person in your audience.
- Meg March (Female*)– The quite polite, old soul, yet hopeful, oldest sister.
- Josephine (Jo) March (Female*)– An Enthusiastic, head strong, stubborn, and determined young author struggling to find her place in the world.
- Beth March (Female*)- The second youngest of the sisters. Timid and musical, Beth encourages and helps her sisters and others selflessly
- Amy March (Female*)-The youngest, most energetic sister with a pompous air about her.
- Marmee March (Female 40/50 years of age)- The March girls’ mother. Marmee is the moral role model for her girls. She counsels them through all their problems and works hard but happily while her husband is at war.
- Mr. March (Male 40/ 50/ years of age )- The March girls’ father and Marmee’s husband. He serves in the Union army as a chaplain.
- Hannah (Female*)- The Marches’ loyal servant and cook.
- Aunt March (Female 60/70/80 years of age)- A wealthy, formidable, over-bearing matron and great-aunt to the March sisters.
- Theodore “Laurie” Lawrence (Male*)- A charming boy next door who becomes friends with the March sisters.
- Mr. Lawrence (Male 60/70 years of age)- Laurie’s grandfather. A stiff and stern elderly man who eventually shows his softer side and becomes friends with the March family and allows Beth to play on his piano when he learns she loves music as much as he does.
* March Girls/ Laurie- I am willing to cast these characters anywhere between their actual teenage years or up to early 30s.
*Hannah- is the family servant so she can really be of any age old or young. Would prefer older but different ages can audition.
* Aunt March/Marmee/Mr. March- Can also me played older or younger than the ages suggested.
Auditions will take place at the theatre.
Please be prepared to provide dates on which you will not be available to attend rehearsals and vaccination status.
Break a leg!